Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. will take part in CEATEC 2020 ONLINE, an exhibition to be held from Tuesday, October 20 to Friday, October 23.
The spread of COVID-19 is having a major impact on people's lives. Many things once taken for granted have drastically changed. Values and social changes that differ from everyday life thus far are now required. With the CEATEC online booth, Murata will focus on technologies that are newly demanded or expected to be used in such an environment, and will introduce devices and solutions that will contribute to a new lifestyle (new normal society) and devices that will support Society 5.0.
CEATEC 2020 ONLINE
||October 20 (Tues.) to 23 (Fri.), 2020
New normal (healthcare)
In the healthcare and medical fields, the adoption of online care and medical devices calls for stronger communication security technology.
With regards to preventing the spread of the infection, certainly there is a need for expanded use of IT, AI and sensing technologies in many applications.
The increasingly remote workforce is requiring support and service in the various areas of health management. Murata is diligently working on a variety of products and solutions which will help enable the medical ecosystem to address the rapidly changing circumstances in our new normal.
• Piezoelectric antimicrobial fiber (PIECLEX) that uses electrical energy to realize antimicrobial performance
• Wi-Fi modules for Secure IoT Platform applications
• CO2 sensors for BEMS applications
• Meter for visualization of fatigue and stress levels
• Safety monitoring systems for machinery that support meet the health and safety requirements of the operators
New normal (Non-contact and remote communication)
In the non-contact and remote communication fields, services and communication capabilities that enable us to go about our daily lives and conduct business as usual, while remaining contact-free, are becoming vitally important. This calls for improved performance of online communication technologies that enable to converse with people in remote locations, get a feel without actually touching the real thing, and process device information.
This area of our booth will showcase our product development ability and technological capacity which have enabled Murata to constantly meet the demands of the times. We will introduce a device that can accurately detect the positions of surrounding items such as obstacles by expanding air with heat to emit ultrasonic waves in a broad band. Additionally, we will display the 3DHaptics technology that contributes to remote communication with rich tactile technology.
• Non-vibration broadband ultrasound emitting device that uses heat to generate sound waves in a broad band
• MIRAISENS “PulsarSDK” that uses skin stimulation to create intra-cerebral and perceptual illusions
With the development and evolution of new technologies, IoT has come to be used in a variety of home and workplace applications. It is believed that further technological evolution, the commencement of 5G services, and other advances will spur the realization of smart cities in an age of super-smart societies (Society 5.0). In this area of our booth, we will introduce devices that are essential to super-smart societies and which are currently available only from Murata, such as wireless communications devices for applications such as communication between IoT edge devices, sensing technologies that enable detection which is the first step in realizing an IoT society, battery miniaturization demanded with the spread of IoT edge devices.
• Cellular and non-cellular LPWA modules for IoT applications
• Artificial intelligence (AI) module
• Single-package 6DoF (Six Degrees of Freedom) inertial sensor
• Solid-state batteries, lithium-ion secondary batteries, coin secondary batteries, micro batteries
* A special CEATEC2020 website will be created in the Murata website from October 20.
Please visit our special CEATEC2020 website for more details.
Murata in Brief
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of ceramic-based passive electronic components & solutions, communication modules and power supply modules. Murata is committed to the development of advanced electronic materials and leading edge, multi-functional, high-density modules. The company has employees and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. For more information, visit Murata's website at www.murata.com