Acquisition enhances Murata’s position as a world’s leading provider of high reliability capacitors
KYOTO, Japan, October 18, 2016 – Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., (“Murata”) today announced that Murata Electronics Europe B.V., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Murata has completed the acquisition of IPDiA S.A. (“IPDiA”), a 3D silicon capacitor technology pioneer headquartered in France, and IPDiA has become a subsidiary of Murata as October 17.
As a result of this acquisition, IPDiA will be integrated into Murata, and IPDiA’s products and solutions will be commercialized as part of Murata’s product portfolio.
This acquisition enhances Murata's position as the leading provider of high reliability capacitors. It is part of Murata's strategy to strengthen its core business within the communication (mobile) market, and to expand into new applications within the automotive and medical markets.
IPDiA in brief
IPDiA is a leading manufacturer of Integrated Passive Devices. Its technology has been adopted by world leaders in medical electronics, semiconductor area and Hi-Rel industry.
IPDiA portfolio includes silicon capacitors from pF to tens of µF with:
- High Reliability Medical and Automotive Grade Capacitors;
- Low Profile Capacitors < 80 µm thin for decoupling inside critical space application;
- High Temperature Capacitors (250°C) with very high stability;
- Ultra Broadband Capacitors (60+GHz);
- 2D/2.5D Silicon Interposers for integration in SiP or MCM;
- Passive component networks for integration in module or on board.
For more information, please visit IPDiA website: .
주식 회사 무라타 제작소는 기능성 세라믹을 기반으로 전자 디바이스의 연구 개발 • 생산 • 판매를 행하고 있으며, 재료부터 제품까지 일관 생산 체제를 구축하고 있습니다. 또한, 무라타 제품의 90%이상은 해외에서 판매되고 있으며, 국내외로 글로벌 회사를 전개하고 있습니다.