Murata's approach to CSR activities
In line with the "Murata Philosophy", Murata aims to continue to be a company that is trusted by society by committing to compliance with laws and regulations,as well as to highly transparent governance, respect for human rights,health and safety, social contribution and environmental preservation, on the basis of high corporate ethics. To these ends, Murata stipulated this CSR Charter as the norms to be observed by all those working at the Company.
We will fulfill accountability and enhance management transparency, so as to remain open to our communities and society, and continue to be a reliable and respectable company.
- We will promote dialog with customers, employees, stockholders/investors, business partners, communities and other stakeholders.
- We will work to improve management transparency, improve audit effectiveness, and reinforce the internal control system.
Human rights and labor
We will respect the human rights and dignity of individuals.
- We will prohibit forced labor, and will not use child labor in any processes.
- We will guarantee our employees lawful working hours, holidays/leaves and wages, and eliminate all forms of discrimination against any employee based on age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, union membership, or any other status, so as not to tolerate inhumane treatment.
- In accordance with the law of each country, we will respect workers' rights to join labor unions, and promote free communication with these unions.
Health and safety
We will improve product and service quality and boost employee morale by securing a safe and comfortable working environment and managing employees' health.
- We will ensure workplace health and safety and maintain appropriate workplace conditions. Should an occupational accident/disease or an emergency occur, we will take appropriate steps by identifying the situation and devising emergency countermeasures.
- For manufacturing equipment and facilities and other machinery used, we will take safety measures to prevent accidents and health problems.
- We will identify all types of physically demanding work, always surveying the conditions and controlling such work.
- We will maintain hygiene in welfare facilities (dormitories, canteens, etc.) so that these facilities are kept safe and clean.
We aim to realize a society where people can live a healthy life with peace of mind, by reducing negative impact of our corporate activities on society, environment and natural resources.
- We will obtain any and all required environmental permits and licenses from administrative bodies in accordance with laws and regulations, and fulfill management and reporting (disclosure) requirements.
- We will control chemical substances designated by laws and regulations, and minimize environmental impact of wastewater, sludge, exhaust and other pollutants through application of our voluntary standards in addition to compliance with relevant laws and regulations. We will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and waste by appropriately monitoring and managing them, and setting up voluntary targets.
- We will establish and implement the management system to promote environmental activities based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle.
Fair trade and ethics
We aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics, so as to be a company that fulfills its social responsibility and wins social trust.
- In all business relationships, we will prohibit corruption, blackmail and embezzlement, and will not offer or accept bribes or other improper advantages.
- We will prohibit abuse of dominant bargaining positions, rejecting all behaviors that impede fair, transparent and free competition.
- We will accurately record information regarding its business activities, labor, health and safety, and environmental practices and provide and disclose such information to our stakeholders without falsification or misrepresentation.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights of others and will not infringe upon these rights.
- We will conduct education and raise awareness to prevent improper conduct. As for reporting of improper conduct, we will establish a system to protect the confidentiality of informants, and quickly deal with improper conduct.
- We will voluntarily work to contribute to the development of the international community and local communities.
- We will never transact with, provide assistance to, or sympathize with antisocial forces that adversely affect public order and sound corporate activities, and will never engage in any other acts that benefit such forces.
- We will strive to promote the transparency in supply chains and the responsible procurement of minerals contained in our products.
We will establish a system that ensures compliance with this CSR Charter, and continuously improve the system.
- We will abide by relevant laws and regulations as well as customer requirements, in conformity with the CSR Charter.
- We will design a system to clarify and mitigate risks that may occur in implementing this Charter, and continuously improve the system.