- Aiming for "harmony among people, organizations, and
society," we will achieve the founder's principle that
"Murata aspires to be a company whose presence in local
communities is a source of pride and joy to those
communities" on a global level.
- Through the implementation of environmental and STEM
(science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
education, we will consistently support the education of
children, who will inherit the future.
- We will consistently carry out activities with local
communities, such as participating in local events,
protecting forests, and greening our business locations.
- We expand our activities contributing to society and local
communities on a global scale.
- We worked on the design of guidelines for activities
contributing to society that consider educational support
for the next generation as our priority areas.
- We launched new activity "Move, teacher Robots!!", with
visiting classes in hands-on programming.
- We performed 108 visiting classes in Japan, and 21 classes
- Hakui Murata Manufacturing won the Japan Greenery Research
and Development Center's Chairperson's Award during the
FY 2019 factory greening awards.
- We carried out factory greening and forest preservation
activities, and participated in local events,
- ・Forest preservation/greening activities: 31 cases in
- ・Local cleaning activities:
93 cases in Japan, 17
- ・Participation in local events and the like: 42 cases in
- We held the first "Murata Cup 2019" at a local university
and supported the innovation activities of college students
- UK employees helped to renovate the theatre academy. It
offers activities for children, including disadvantaged
children from difficult backgrounds who would not normally
have the opportunity of taking part in the Arts - dancing,
singing and acting.
- We increased opportunities to share the results of social
contribution activities at our overseas sites every six
months, same as Japan sites.
- Deepening our connections with local communities through
STEM and environmental education, we will promote
educational support for the next generation.
- We will continue our efforts to actively contribute to
forest preservation and local community events.
- We will determine areas for individual group companies to
autonomously develop in response to their local
circumstances, and create a system for planning and
implementing activities to contribute to society and local